Tuesday 17 July 2012

It takes a lot of work...

Hello everyone!  My name is Nicolas Forget.  I am going to Madagascar this summer because I want to help make a difference in the world, experience new cultures and I think it will be a great life learning opportunity.

It takes a lot of work to get to Madagascar though.  Some of the fundraising that I have done includes starting a Buy-A-Brick campaign.  I also worked with two others from Kawartha Waterways Area who are going as well and we did a couple of barbecuees and a garage sale.  We ordered plastic bracelets, like the Livestrong bracelets, but these ones were green and on them it says "Life.  Learning.  Light.  MADAGASCAR 2012".  We sold them for $2 each and it worked really well to help us get to Madagascar.

The support from our community has been great, especially with our two barbecues and the garage sale.  Without the community support, I don't think I would be able to go to Madagascar this summer.  Also, from the Scouting community, I have been able to go to a couple of Rover Scout moots with my bracelets and talked to a lot of people about the project.  So many of them were interested in this part of Scouting (and many bought bracelets, too!)  I am personally very excited for all the new people I am going to meet and the friends I am going to make!

Yours in Scouting

Nicolas Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment